- The Stellar Development Foundation has joined the Bytecode Alliance, a group promoting the development of WebAssembly (Wasm).
- WebAssembly (Wasm) is a competitor to the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) used by the Ethereum ecosystem and is used in non-blockchain, browser-based applications.
- The EVM is a virtual machine used to execute smart contracts and is used by most blockchain networks.
- Stellar began as a payments network in 2014 and implemented smart contracts in 2022.
- Stellar chose Wasm as its computation engine over EVM due to scalability and cost concerns.
- The Bytecode Alliance is a nonprofit organization comprised of internet companies working on Wasm development.
- By joining the Bytecode Alliance, Stellar aims to influence standards and tooling within the Wasm development community.
- Stellar’s participation in the organization will help support the needs of Web3 and blockchain developers.
- The Wasm community is making progress in the Web3 world, with networks like Astar allowing both EVM and Wasm contracts.
- Binance also recently announced funding for a zero-knowledge proof application platform using Wasm.
July 28, 2023
The past week in DeFi was dominated by exploits and hacks, with three DeFi platforms losing nearly $39 million.…
September 26, 2023
– Casey Rodarmor, the creator of Bitcoin Ordinals, is proposing a new Bitcoin-based fungible token…
1 min read
September 6, 2023
Blockchain analytics platform Arkham Intelligence claims to have identified the addresses of the Grayscale…
September 24, 2023
Pay-to-use blockchains are done. Not for us, of course — the nerdy crypto crowd. We’re perfectly happy to open…
5 min read