– William Mapan’s latest collection, “Distance,” sold out in less than 24 hours.
– Mapan explains generative art by using a piece of paper, a crayon, and dice.
– Mapan’s work straddles the line between appearing physically or digitally made.
– Mapan credits Matt Deslauriers as his introduction to art on the blockchain.
– Notable sales include “Anticyclone #470” selling for 182 ETH and “Anticyclone #743” selling for 37 ETH.
– Up-and-coming artist to watch is Anna Lucia.
– Influences on Mapan’s art career include the abstract expressionism movement.
– Notable collector AC the collector is one of Mapan’s favorites.
– Favorite NFT in Mapan’s wallet that’s not his own is “Horizon(te)s #5” by Iskra Velitchkova and Zach Lieberman.
– Mapan listens to Kendrick Lamar and Sofiane Pamart when creating art.
– Cool Cats will be the first NFT collection featured in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
– The Nouns DAO fork has finished with 472 Nouns NFT holders opting in.
– Opted-in Nouns holders will have the opportunity to get approximately 35 ETH back.
– Tweet of the week featured.
By Greg Oakford.