- European regulators release report on DeFi risks and benefits
- Uniswap launches Android wallet beta on Google Play
- Stars Arena recovers 90% of stolen funds after offering $257,000 bounty
- Platypus DeFi loses $2.2 million in another flash loan exploit
- Lido Finance discloses 20 slashing events due to validator config issues
- DeFi market overview: mixed week for top 100 tokens
Welcome to Finance Redefined, your weekly dose of essential decentralized finance (DeFi) insights. In this week’s newsletter:
– The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) releases a report addressing the risks and benefits of the DeFi ecosystem in the European Union’s financial system.
– Uniswap launches Android wallet beta on Google Play, expanding accessibility for its users.
– Stars Arena recovers 90% of stolen funds after offering a $257,000 bounty.
– Platypus DeFi suffers another flash loan exploit, losing $2.2 million in assets.
– Lido Finance experiences 20 slashing events due to validator config issues.
– DeFi market overview: the top 100 tokens see mixed performance.
European regulator: DeFi comes with significant risks as well as benefits
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a report on the risks and benefits of the DeFi ecosystem in the EU market. The report acknowledges the potential benefits of DeFi, including financial inclusion and innovation, but also highlights the risks it poses to the financial system. [Continue reading](https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-european-regulator-de-fi-significant-risks-benefits)
Uniswap launches Android wallet beta for Google Play
Decentralized exchange Uniswap has released a closed beta version of its Android wallet on Google Play. This expands Uniswap’s accessibility beyond PC and iOS devices and allows users to easily switch between different chains. [Continue reading](https://cointelegraph.com/news/uniswap-launches-android-wallet-beta-for-google-play)
Stars Arena recovers 90% of stolen funds after offering $257,000 bounty
Social media platform Stars Arena has successfully recovered nearly all of the cryptocurrency stolen in an exploit, thanks to a $257,000 bounty offered to the hacker. The platform regained around 90% of the stolen AVAX tokens, worth approximately $3 million at the time of the theft. [Continue reading](https://cointelegraph.com/news/stars-arena-recovers-stolen-funds-after-offering-bounty-exploit)
Platypus DeFi loses $2.2 million in another flash loan exploit
Platypus DeFi, a decentralized finance protocol, suffered a flash loan exploit resulting in a loss of over $2 million in assets. The platform has suspended all pools in response to the attack. [Continue reading](https://cointelegraph.com/news/platypus-flash-loan-exploit-defi)
Lido Finance discloses 20 slashing events due to validator config issues
Ethereum staking protocol Lido Finance has revealed that it experienced 20 slashing events due to infrastructure and signer configuration issues with validators operated by Launchnodes. The incident led to the offline status of Launchnodes’ validators nodes, and slashings have ceased while investigations are ongoing. [Continue reading](https://cointelegraph.com/news/lido-finance-launchnodes-validator-slashed)
DeFi market overview
The top 100 DeFi tokens had a mixed week, with some trading in the green on weekly charts. The total value locked in DeFi protocols reached $45.67 billion. [Read more](https://pro.cointelegraph.com/users/sign_in?) on Cointelegraph Markets Pro and TradingView.
That’s all for this week’s Finance Redefined. Stay tuned for more updates on DeFi developments.