GTA and CoD veterans’ new studio collabs with Immutable
– Web3 gaming ecosystem Immutable is collaborating with Random Games, a studio founded by developers from well-known franchises such as Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, Fortnite, Batman, Star Trek, The Walking Dead, Star Wars, and South Park.
– The collaboration will focus on Unioverse, a Web3 sci-fi franchise that spans multiple mediums.
– Random Games plans to create a platform that offers high-quality assets for game creation without royalty fees.
– The Unioverse community will be encouraged to produce their own stories, games, and content using official assets.
– Monetization opportunities for users include selling merchandise such as comic books, T-shirts, and lunchboxes.
– Immutable will provide the blockchain platform, tools, and services for the collaboration.
Brawlers by Magic: The Gathering creator to launch on Epic Games Store
– Brawlers, a player-versus-player blockchain card game, will be launched on the Epic Games Store.
– The game is developed by Tyranno Studios, led by gaming industry veteran Michael Rubinelli.
– Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic: The Gathering, designed the player-versus-player (PvP) mode of Brawlers.
– Releasing a blockchain game on the Epic Games Store provides access to a massive audience.
– Players can earn BRWL tokens through wrestling matches in the game.
– All in-game items are non-fungible tokens (NFTs) that can be traded, sold, or gifted among players.
– Cross-platform functionality is enabled through NFT bridges to Polygon, Ethereum, and Binance’s BNB Chain.
Over $2 billion invested in blockchain gaming so far in 2023
– Investments in blockchain gaming have reached $2.3 billion in 2023, despite the bear market.
– This represents an increase of $600 million in the third quarter alone.
– Web2 gaming giants are making strides into the Web3 realm.
– Zynga’s Sugartown, a Web3 IP, has achieved success in the blockchain gaming space.
– Daily unique active wallets (UAWs) have seen a 12% increase compared to the previous quarter.
– Alien Worlds remains the most-played blockchain game, capturing over 60% of WAX’s blockchain activity.
– Axie Infinity and Gods Unchained lead the transaction volume in the Web3 gaming space.
– Virtual worlds experienced a decline in trading volume, but significant investments in metaverse projects continue.
Upland’s Spark shines on Ethereum
– Upland, a metaverse platform, will enable trading of its in-game utility token, Spark, on the Ethereum blockchain.
– The decision was approved by the Upland community through a governance vote.
– Spark will be bridged to Ethereum and minted as Sparklet tokens.
– Each Sparklet token is equivalent to one-thousandth of a Spark.
– This move towards decentralization is a step towards Upland’s mission of building the largest digital open economy.
Hot Take: Guild of Guardians
– Guild of Guardians is a mobile rogue-lite squad RPG developed by Mineloader and published by Immutable.
– The game features core dungeon battles, crafting loops, quests, and level-up options.
– Players assemble teams of heroes for combat, considering factional, elemental, and class synergies.
– The game challenges the matured squad-based PvP gaming market.
– The full version of Guild of Guardians will reveal improvements and refinements to form personal opinions.
More from Web3 gaming space:
– Zynga’s Web3 IP Sugartown introduces an NFT collection called Oras.
– NFL Rivals announces a 6-month partnership with Amazon Prime Gaming.
– Gods Unchained Season 2: Tides of Fate launches on October 25.
– Social web game Habbo transitions from “Habbo NFTs” to “Habbo Collectibles.”
– Darewise, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, raises $3.5 million in a token presale for the Web3 game Life Beyond.
– The business simulation strategy game Legacy launches on October 26.
– Erhan Kahraman is a freelance writer and content creator with a focus on cutting-edge technology and video games.
– Stay updated with the most engaging reads in blockchain by subscribing to Coinpostman Magazine.